Wednesday 19 January 2011

10,000 steps walked

drum roll please............. 
today i walked 10,000 step! whoo hooooo. way to go me!. yay! 
I have many pedometers, indeed i have worn two at a time on a few occasions but they are never 100% spot on, the best i can get is 10% out and talking off 100 steps or adding 100 steps in each thousand is just not good enough for me. so i walked to school last week with poor 5 year old in hand, moaning all the way, well it was windy and up hill and -1, felt like -10!. after i dropped him off i began counting my steps home. cunning plan not to lose my count. count to a hundred and stick a finger out of my pocket, another hundred another finger out and so on. buy the time i got to my front door 2,400 steps i had walked! great. 4,800 steps done. i google mapped it and its 1.1 miles to school and its 57 mins or so round trip. nice!. 
but a bit scary as the footpath is not very wide so yesterday i decided that we walk up the canal instead, home from home since i lived on my narrowboat for nearly 20 years. on the way back i counted the steps hoping not to see anyone i knew that would make me loose count, just under 2,500 steps. so today (knowing that i would at least maintain my weight without altering my diet at 10,000 steps a day) we set off for a walk to school in the morning and the evening Poor Son! i knew i could do it , it was just up to my knee, but it feels ok.
so nearly 4 hours of walking and 4.4 miles and 10,000 steps done burning off 768 cals. whooooooo hooooooooo. 
when we open the new shop in a few weeks i will only be able to do this walk 2 days a week, but i have counted the steps in the shop and i can do 20 from front to back, walk that 5 times and i've done a hundred!. gotta keep walking and talking them little steps, they all help! 

ate so many veggies for tea too then as a treat i had 3 mini ice creams and a mini choccy muffin, less than 500 cals for the lot. 
have not done so well the last few days, my Sunday night off extended into Monday and Tuesday but i did walk and tried to watch what i ate too. oh please let me have a weight loss this week. 

last week i printed off a map of my immediate area and went walking, counting the steps of each road from corner to corner, writing on the map of how many steps i did, now when i walk them streets again, i know exactly how many steps i have done. obsessed or what!. but i have to be obsessed while i'm trying to lose weight or i give up and cant be bothered. i have to have the job in hand at the forefront of my mind. 

SCORES ARE AS FOLLOWS:- 
FOOD ADDICTION. WON 2 / LOST 4 
LAZYITIS. WON 17 / LOST 5 
CALORIE ALLOWANCE, WON 2 / LOST 4 
WEEKLY WEIGHT LOSS WON 2 / LOST 1 

happiness, walking boots tread thinner! (at least something's getting thinner!), giggles 
Jane.xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment